Caged Bird

Today the world lost a beautiful voice. As a fan of Maya Angelou's poetry, I wanted to honor her passing in some way. Since I'm not much of a poet myself, I decided to use a medium that I could be more expressive with. Here is her famous poem, "Caged Bird", visualized by Google results per word:



I Google'd each word by hand, making this a rather slow visualization to build. It was more fun than I expected, as it gave me a chance to read the poem very slowly. Supposedly (according to another Google search) Maya's favorite color was pink, so that's the significance of the color.

Thank you, Maya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inappropriate comments, advertisements, or spam will be removed.
Posts older than 2 weeks have moderated comments.
(Anonymous commenting disabled due to increasing spam)