Plots as art: bonus


Sometimes the actual result can be as artistic as the rough draft. Here is the final version of the wavelet figure from the Wavelet Tree in my previous post. The x-axis is still time, showing about a month of data. The y-axis is increasing frequency. You can see there is constant power from a stable star spot, highlighted with the red line. The yellow line shows 1/2 that rotation period, and overtones are visible above that. Small spikes, like blades of neon grass, are due to flares on the star.

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic. I like this kind of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you approve! I'd love to post some of the beautiful figures you've shown me from your research.

    ReplyDelete

Inappropriate comments, advertisements, or spam will be removed.
Posts older than 2 weeks have moderated comments.
(Anonymous commenting disabled due to increasing spam)